Tim Petrillo is a co-founder of Urban Street Development and the president and co-founder of The Restaurant People, Inc. (TRP). An industry leader and pure innovator in developing restaurant and nightlife concepts, Petrillo is accredited with reviving the entertainment-life in Fort Lauderdale.
Over the years, TRP has grown to become the premier dining, hospitality and entertainment group in South Florida. Under Petrillo’s leadership and direction, the company has conceptualized and brought to life some of the hottest restaurants and nightlife venues in downtown Fort Lauderdale, including YOLO, O Lounge, S3, Tarpon Bend and Vibe Las Olas.
Petrillo brought an unrivaled and much needed spirit to Fort Lauderdale’s Riverfront area through his companies’ various operations and developments, including Tarpon Bend Food & Tackle, Himmarshee Bar & Grille and SIDE BAR and The River House. As each of Petrillo’s concepts took shape, they derived inspiration from the cities they were housed in, while managing to bring to a life a new burst of energy that helped fuel the city toward greater successes.
With a series of successful venues in TRP’s repertoire, it was only natural for Petrillo and his partners to forge ahead with a tri-fecta of hotspots, and so they launched YOLO and O Lounge in 2008, followed by Vibe Ultra Music Lounge in October 2010. The three adjacent see-and-be-seen retreats serve as a playground for the social, an exploration of taste sensation for foodies, and a non-stop groove spot on the Las Olas nightlife scene. Petrillo’s most recent endeavor, S3, opened in May 2013 at the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort, expanding TRP’s brand and presence to Fort Lauderdale beach. Providing an upscale-casual oceanfront dining experience in a chic, relaxed atmosphere at an affordable price point, S3 has taken Fort Lauderdale beach by storm, appealing to locals and tourists alike.
The success of these various endeavors are a testament to Petrillo’s undeniable ability to put his finger on the pulse of a city and custom create a concept that will not only please the people of the community, but help raise the community to that next level of business development. Petrillo’s knack for ‘giving the people what they want’ was derived from a seasoned past of business endeavors dominating the restaurant, real estate and business development industries.
As with any successful businessman, Petrillo sees not only the value in, but the necessity of giving back to the community. He prides himself of his continuous support of area philanthropies and encourages each of his businesses to take a large part in supporting the local charities in their areas.
Underwriting events, encouraging patrons to contribute to the organizations, and even donating his own time and expertise on various charitable boards, Petrillo has managed to make a mark in the philanthropic community as large as his imprint on the entertainment beat in Fort Lauderdale.
Petrillo’s dedication to business and community has not gone unnoticed. He has been recognized by various prominent organizations. Petrillo embraces each award as an honor and uses each gratifying experience to propel his future business and charity efforts.
Petrillo is a pillar of the community and always strives to give back to South Florida – to its people, its businesses and its charities. After all, he calls South Florida home. Petrillo graduated from Florida International University with a Bachelor of Science in Hospitality Management in 1994. He currently resides in Fort Lauderdale, Florida with his wife Susie and two children, Bryce and Mattea.
- New River Trading Post Development – A 36,000 square-foot mixed-use project in the entertainment district of Fort Lauderdale comprised of 7,000 square feet of office space, 7,000 square feet of retail space, 6,500 square feet for the Maritime Museum and eight work/live loft units.
- Foundry Lofts – A residential project in the heart of Flagler Village that is comprised of 36 loft-style units.
- Mill Lofts – A residential project across from the Foundry Loft project in Flagler Village that is comprised of 34 loft-style units.
- Flagler Storage – A 100,000 square foot self storage facility in Downtown Fort Lauderdale.
- Atlantic Avenue East – A 32,000 square-foot mixed-use project on Atlantic Avenue in Delray Beach’s entertainment district comprised of 12,000 square feet of office space, and 20,000 square feet of restaurant and retail space.
- Broward Workshop – Board of Trustees
- Urban Core Committee – Chairman
- Broward County Management Efficiency Study Committee – Appointee
- Jack & Jill Children’s Center – President
- Saint Anthony Foundation – Vice President
- Florida Restaurant & Lodging Association – Board of Trustees
- Himmarshee Village Association – Vice Chairman
- Tarpon Bend Foundation – President
- Fort Lauderdale Downtown Council – Steering Committee
- Museum of Science and Discovery – Past Board of Trustees
- Fort Lauderdale Historical Society – Past Board of Trustees
- City of Fort Lauderdale “Downtowner of the Year” 2008
- Florida International University Medallion “Outstanding Alumnus” 2007
- Chamber of Commerce “Broward Business Leader” 2007
- Junior League of Fort Lauderdale “Community Service Award” 2007
- Sun-Sentinel “Excalibur Award” Broward Business Leader of the Year 2006
- South Florida Business Journal “Diamond Award” CEO of the Year 2005
- South Florida Business Award “Up & Comers Award” Leaders under Forty 2004